Saturday, September 4, 2010

Let's get this party started

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. They also say that you should give credit where credit is due. And so it is my pleasure to introduce the inspiration behind "Did y'all save room for dessert."

Libby is a friend from high school with whom I have reconnected through The Magic of Facebook. She is what you might call a Classy Dame, who has, among other talents, giftings and activities, a food blog. It is such a Great Food Blog that it inspired me to try my hand at, well, food blogging. I may never fully attain the culinary level at which she eats and blogs, of that I am aware. I am even accepting of this fact. Food that is too high class kind of makes me nervous, simple Southern girl that I am. But I love to eat out and I love to write, so I thought, why not?

Many many thanks to Libby for being my inspiration!! Hopefully we can share a meal soon that will give us both something to write about :)

Until then, if you dine out in the South, you can count on the fact that your server will ask, sometime near the end of your meal, "Did y'all save room for dessert?"

No comments:

Post a Comment